Saturday, August 26, 2006

Business and System Change

This article by author and sustainability consultant, Frank Dixon talks of some the systems in place that do not allow for the changes needed for businesses and government to be as sustainable as possible. He mentions things such as a basic financial concept like the time value of money putting more value on today and less value on the future. He also talks about how the advertising plays to people's psychology for companies economic growth, while ignoring what the commerce does to the environment.

I've only mentioned two of the many points Dixon makes, so I'd recommend reading the article for his other perspectives and to read his words on what I have written above (I hope that I have not misrepresented what he is saying).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home