Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dell Launches Free Recycling in the U.S.

School has kept me too busy to post as often as I'd like. That won't change much, except for breaks, until I graduate in May.

Anyway, as a part of their global recycling commitment, Dell has launched free recycling in the U.S. They already are offering this service in Canada and Europe. Please note that the recycling does not require a replacement Dell purchase.

It's interesting, I feel, to think of the additional energy that must be used to recycle the computers considering that everyone will need to ship the computers to a particular location. Too bad there aren't more regionalized centers that can handle this. I don't mean to put down a very positive step, but it just makes me think of the options.

1 Comments:

At 10:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dell is a company I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, they are active in environmental causes, which is obviously good.

On the other hand, I experienced such poor customer last year after having a problem with my computer that I would have a tough time calling them socially responsible. Clearly, how a company treats its customers is just as important as how it treats employees and stakeholders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home