Monday, September 18, 2006

Featured Company: Numi Tea

Numi Tea is already the second tea company that I have featured on this blog, but Numi's focus is different than Honest Tea, which I featured a few weeks ago. Numi is focused more on selling packaged teas that are intended to be brewed at home. Numi is another product I am featuring due to my high satisfaction with their products.

Numi Tea has a number of sustainable business practices. The beautiful gift boxes that they have - something very unique, as far as I have seen, in the selling of tea - are made from bamboo, a quickly renewable resource. In addition, all of the 'regular' boxes they use to sell their products are made from 100% post-consumer waste. The tea bags, themselves, are made from a biodegradable filter paper. The packing peanuts they use when shipping their product worldwide are 100% biodegradable and even dissolve in water. Their facility uses natural light as much as possible through use of a number of skylights and they say they employ a thorough recycling program in their facility.

Numi Tea also partners with a number of organizations, who receive funding given by Numi from their profits. Here is a link to more details about their many giving programs.

Numi's teas are all certified organic, halal and kosher. They also are committed to fair-traded farmers.

I've written a great deal about many of the wonderful things that Numi does, and I haven't even written about the quality of their product. I have only tasted a number of their bagged teas. I have been impressed with all of them, especially the Gunpowder Green Tea and the Red Mellow Bush - Rooibos. They also offer loose teas, which I'd guess are even better.

You can purchase Numi Tea from their website, or to check for local stores that carry their products, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home